Guide for sourcing conference and meeting venues
Need Help? Use our FREE service.
When sourcing venues for conference and meeting venues there are a few basic requirements that you need to know before you start. It is best to put together a plan of your needs before contacting any venues or venue finders so that you are armed and ready for the questions that will follow.
Treat this venue finding exercise exactly the same way as you would any other project – draw up a plan, document it and stick to it and you will end up saving time, money and unnecessary stress.
These are the 5 most common questions you will be asked when contacting either a venue directly or a venue finder:
- Room layout – if you are flexible then go for theatre style, but if not, do think carefully about what exactly you need during the day as this will impact the size of room you require.
- Break out rooms – if you do need break outs for your event, think about how many you need, what capacity is required for each one and what room set up style.
- Accommodation – is any accommodation required and if so how many rooms – do you need twins or single occupancy? This will impact significantly on the venues available to you.
- Timings – venues need to know what time the event will run from/until and whether you require any set-up time before the delegates arrive.
- Budget – have an idea of the budget right from the start. In your plan list everything down including AV, WiFi costs if applicable, additional catering etc. This will mean that either you or your venue finder can approach the most suitable venues right from the start.
If you follow these guidelines then sourcing the most appropriate venue for your next meeting or conference will be a piece of cake!
Posted within: Blog