Top tips on arranging a successful Office Christmas Party
Need Help? Use our FREE service.
An office Christmas party is the highlight of the year when bosses and employees get together to let their hair down and hopefully celebrate a successful year. However, these can go badly wrong as quite frequently people dread attending these parties – it may be a throwback to when we were young and girls and boys stood awkwardly as far as way from one another as possible for fear of embarrassment on the dance floor. We have put together a few pointers that should help you organise the best office party ever:
- Don’t arrange the party in the office – inevitably conversation will tu to work if you stay in there. Find a place where everyone is on new ground – there are many different options these days – it could be a restaurant, a pub function room, a hotel or perhaps you could opt for one of the many themed parties which are terrific fun. Even if there aren’t many of you, there are lots of joiner parties where you can book as many tables as you wish and enjoy the atmosphere of a bigger party.
- A sit-down dinner is the best option, but do plan to have some dancing and entertainment after dinner with additional drinks. This is guaranteed to get people on their feet for dancing!
- Most venues will offer an all-inclusive package price so that all food, drinks and entertainment are included, ensuring that there are no nasty surprises at the end of the evening and you have stuck to your budget.
- If you don’t want to go down the package route, then most venues will offer a set-price dinner with a DJ for the evening disco included. You can then set a limit on the bar and bar staff will notify you when the limit is met.
- Remember to try and cater for everyone’s tastes as much as you can and try and get the venue to offer at least a restricted menu to include a vegetarian option. Special dietary requirements can be catered for providing that you give enough notice.
We reckon that if you follow the above advice, then you have a recipe for a very successful party!
Posted within: Blog, christmas, Christmas party
Please recommend us if you liked this post: