The Rheged centre opened in 2000 and is part of Westmorland, a local family business which has grown out of our farm at Tebay. It was designed to celebrate Cumbria and we strive to showcase its excellent food producers, craftspeople, landscape and heritage.
Rheged is a surprising building of architectural merit, and well worth a visit in its own right. Housed under a unique grass roof, the centre is open every day from 10am – 5.30pm except Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s Day.
– Superb location just off the M6 (J40), Cumbria
– 450 free car parking spaces
– Use of theatre and auditorium for speakers, demonstrations and audio visual presentations
– Use of two large conference rooms for associated activities
– Marshalling available for vehicles during set up/break down
– Multiple visitor access points
– Excellent disabled facilities
– On-site catering, public cafÃ©s, restaurant, specialist shops, payphones, cash machine, bar and 24 hour forecourt
– 588m2 of space (Hall 1: 360.5m2 Hall 2: 2.228m2)
– Loading Door Dimensions: 2.3m wide x 2.5m high, at ground levelallowing vehicular access to Hall 2
– Multiple electric power points
– Halogen lighting
– WiFi / broadband connection available
– 3 adjacent syndicate rooms
Being different is what we do best and we hope you will find our ideas a refreshing change from the norm. If you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for, we promise to do our best to make it happen and turn your dreams into reality.
We want your wedding day to be just the way you have imagined it and while our team of staff will be as excited about the big day as you, we promise to take care of even the smallest detail. We guarantee the support of our wedding co-ordinator who will offer as much or as little advice as you need.
If you’re looking for something a little bit different then Rheged is the place for you. This intriguing venue has breathtaking internal architecture with stunning water features and an abundance of natural daylight. Located in the Eden Valley at the Gateway to the North Lakes, Rheged is just a stone’s throw from Ullswater.
love cumbria, love rheged
|Room Name||Seat Cap||Reception Cap|
|The Pennine Gallery||200||200|
|The Ullswater Room||70||70|
|The Westmorland Room||20||20|
|Syndicate Rooms 1, 2 & 3||20||n/a|
Book this venue or let us help you find more perfect Venues in Cumbria for your event.